Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Addison!!!!!

Our sweet precious girl is HERE and we are all completely in love with her!!!!  Addison Grace Lossius was born on January 10, 2013 at 4:05pm weighing in at 6 pounds 1 ounce and 19 inches!!!  I was induced that morning due to my blood pressure issues throughout the pregnancy and then it being exceptionally high Thursday morning and since I was 37 weeks and 1 day and she was considered full term so off to Bayfront "The Baby Place" we went!!!  Having an induction was so much different then going into spontaneous labor like I did with Jackson!  The induction started at 9:15am when they started my IV antibiotics which I needed 4 hours prior to delivery and the pitocin to induce contractions!!  And since my blood pressure had been high they ordered the Epidural for 11am to keep it under control and believe me I had no complaints about that!!  Its amazing what an epidural does when it is in correctly!!!  Once the epidural started I was good to go and felt no pain again much different then my extremely painful labor with Jackson and my botched epidural!  Then around 1pm Lucy my Nurse Midwife who also delivered Jackson came in to break my water and at that point I was 4-5cm.  I even complained numerous times to Ryan because I was bored which NEVER happened with Jackson!!  But at 3:30pm I started to have some pressure which they told me I would once I started dilating so the nurse checked me and I was 6cm!!!  And boy was Lucy right when she told me when I got to 6cm I would fly to 10cm in no time at all which is exactly what happened!!  10 minutes later I was in excruiating pain and I was 10cm. So then we just had to wait for Lucy to get there although the delivery nurse informed Ryan and I she had delivered 11 babies on her own because the doctor didn't make it and Addison could be 12 however I did everything I could to wait the 6 minutes for Lucy to drive from her office to Bayfront so she could deliver our little girl!!!  Didn't want to take any chances!!!  So Lucy made it just in time and both her and Ryan scrubbed in and after about 5 minutes of pushing Addison Grace Lossius was born at 4:05pm!!!!  Ryan caught his new daughter and cut the cord as he did with Jackson and she came out screaming and as perfect as she could be!!!!!  Then Jackson the proud big brother came to meet his new little sister when she was about 2 hours old and was just so excited to meet her!!!!!  It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!  We are SO enjoying both our children and feel so blessed!!  So far we think Addison looks exactly like Jackson when he was newborn and she is just as sweet as could be we cannot get enough of her!!!!  Thank you to everyone who came to see us, called, texted and sent well wishes we are so overwhelmed with love and in SO much love with little Addison Grace she is such a little blessing!!!!!




Waiting for Addison!!

The sign in our room!!!


She's here!!!

1st time I held her!!!!


Ryan, Addison and I with Lucy my Midwife that delivered Addison and Jackson!!!  Love Lucy!!

Love at first sight!!!

Our 1st picture!!!

Lucy, Addison and I!!!

1st Footprint!!

Footprint!!

My awesome labor and delivery nurse Melanie!!!

Still getting footprints!!

Getting checked out!!!

6 pounds 1 ounce!!


Just hanging out!!!

19 inches!!

So happy and warm!!!

Catching some zzz's!!

I'm awake again!!

Ryan and his new daughter!!!

So So sweet!!


Eyes open!!!

So cute!!!

Ready to move out of labor and delivery!!!

So perfect!!!

Jackson getting his first look at his new baby sister!! 

Mimi, Addison and Jackson!!

Jackson holding Addison!!!

1st picture of our fsmily of 4!!!

Kisses to Addison!!!

My favorite picture!!!

So excited!!!

More Kisses!! 

Mimi and Pops with Addison!!

So happy!!!

Dad, Mom, Addison and I!!!


Mimi and Pop with both their grandkids!!!


Getting ready for her bath!!

Trying to sleep!!!
Eating her hand!!
1st Sponge bath!!!


Not liking her 1st bath!

Cleaning her up!!


Washing her hair she actually liked that!!


More hair washing!!


All clean and swaddled!!


Very tired after her big day!!!



After our bath!!

The nurse checking her temperature!!


Layne holding Addison for the 1st time!!!


Thanks so much for coming to visit us Layne!!!

Pop and Addison!!

So sweet!!


Big Brother is back!!!


Aunt Lauren is here to meet Addison for the 1st time!!

So Sweet!!


Uncle Rob looking like a natural!!

Thanks for coming to visit Uncle Nate!!!


Aunt Lauren and Uncle Rob with their niece!!

Sweet Addison!!


Her girl hospital hat!!!

Love this little one to pieces!!

Dressing her up in pink and bows!!

Sleepy girl!!!

Pop and Jackson and Addison!!!!

Pop hanging out with Jackson and Addison!!
Jackson and Pop loving baby Addison!!


All swaddled!!

Darlene my other CNM and friend coming to visit and check on us!!!


Sweet girl!!!

Perfect little princess!

So sweet and sleeping!!

Almost ready to go home!!!!
Yawning!!!


Getting ready to go home!!!

So little in her car seat!!

All bundled up even though it was 80 degrees outside!

Looks like her big brother here!!!

So tiny she weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces when we left the hospital!!!


Sweet angel!!

With her Addison blanket!!!

She slept all the way home!!!

On our way out!!!


Addison and I!!!
1st Car ride!!!!




1 comment: