Monday, October 28, 2013

Boosterthon Fun Run!!!

Jackson's school had its first ever Boosterthon fundraiser this past week!!! It kicked off with a pep rally to get the kids hyped about raising money for their school! And let me tell you these Boosterthon people know what they are doing because ever since Boosterthon started all Ryan and I have heard about from Jackson is.........did you make another pledge yet or let's call this person or that person to ask for money I have to get more pledges!!!!!  And based on the number of pledges the kids had that determined the prizes they received!!  So thank you to everyone who donated to Jackson as he was super excited about the prizes he received such as a new lunchbox that he is sporting around school to a flying disc, bouncy ball, crazy hair etc!! 

So last Thursday was the big event of Boosterthon which was a fun run at the school where the students were projected to run between 30-35 laps (Mind you they are small laps not a big track like I thought) to encourage exercise, a healthy lifestyle and motivation!!!  So Addison and I went to cheer Jackson on (Daddy was on a work trip and couldn't make it :-() and boy were the kids super excited to run!!!  Jackson's teacher needed help checking off the boosterthon laps on the kids shirts during the run so I jumped in to help!! It was definitely fun although I had Addison on one hip and was marking the kids laps on their shirts with my other hand which was quite the workout for the 45 minutes I did it but I was glad I could help!!! And I am happy to report Jackson ran all 35 laps and then some!!!  It was a great morning for the event and a nice chilly one at that which made it all the more awesome!!! Enjoy the pictures!!!!  We had a blast!!!! Way to go Jackson we are so proud of you!!!!


The crazy hair one of the prizes!

All the kindergardeners ready to go!!

My favorite kindergardener! It was also wear your sunglasses to school day!

Trying to get a picture of Jackson's class! 

Ready to go!!!

National Anthem!

The starting lap!

After the race was over!!!

Jackson's class in front of the camp high 5 tent!!


Jackson's pledge shirt! ALL 35 laps!!! Way to go Jackson!!!!!
I went to Fun Friday in Jackson's class! It was so fun!!  Oh and it was crazy hat day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment