Friday, June 12, 2015

Addison's 1st Dance Recital!!!

I dont even know where to begin to blog this one there were so many special moments but here it goes!!  So Addison and I had be at the Straz Center of Performing Arts in Tampa at 4pm last Saturday for her 1st dance recital and we were there promptly a first I know.  However I was slightly concerned about what I was going to do with my 2 year old for 4 hours in a small dressing room! All ended up being fine as she was highly entertained watching the big girls walk by in their costumes, playing with her dance friends and some of the veteran dance moms brought videos and puzzles which kept them occupied thank goodness!!  Then came the BIG show!  To say I was nervous is an understatement!  Its a HUGE stage and Addison never stayed on the line once in practice so I was slightly concerned about that along with the fact that she could run off, not dance, take off her costume lol etc!  BUT our little girl pulled off the performance of a lifetime in my books!!  She is the littlest dancer out of the whole company and she stole.the.show with her dance to Barbie Girl!!  As Aunt Holly said she was born to be a soloist!!  I took her out on the stage then vanished behind the curtain so she wouldn't see me but before I left she said "Mommy its really dark" It was all I could do not to cry watching her up on that stage!  She danced her little heart out and they all had the crowd laughing and clapping and highly entertained!!  It was precious!! And after the teacher carried her off the stage she said she wanted more and asked to do it again!!!  Love it and her!!  We then went out for the finale and took a bow the moms and all!  It was a wonderful night and I can.not wait for next year!!! She is excited to dance again this summer so we will see how it continues to go!!  She has been doing her dance in all sorts of places all around the town!!  Love love love our little barbie girl!!!!  Thank you Mimi and Pop for coming and to Ryan and Jackson too for all sitting in the audience through a 3 hours dance recital!!  But if you ask them it was all worth it to watch Addison take the stage!!!!  Enjoy!!!


Before the show!

Having a snack!

Thank goodness for the little mermaid!

A few of the girls!

Trying to get a picture with all of them!



Being silly in the mirror!

Her perfect little bun thank you to Miss Layne for giving us a hot bun to perfect our bun!!
The girls putting together a puzzle!


With Mimi and Pop after the show!


Little barbie girl with her lovely flowers from daddy and Jackson!


The girls just hanging out!

Dancing with one of the big girls while waiting!

Before the big show!

On Stage!

Best pic we could get after the show!


Here is the video that I took from the side of the stage.  Not great but you can see our tiny dancer is the farthest from the camera on the end! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment