Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1st Day of 1st Grade!!!

So just like that we are back to school and Jackson begins the 1st Grade!!  I can hardly believe he is big enough to be in 1st Grade! 1st grade seems like such a big step and the fact that he is no longer a little kindergartener anymore!!  I woke him up at 6:45 and he was a little reluctant at first but then he jumped up he was so excited it was the 1st day! We had a little argument over his shirt this morning I was going to roll with the deer park shirt he picked out (SO NOT like me) but Ryan gave me the "HE IS NOT going to the 1st day with that shirt on is he!? He needs a Polo shirt on!" So after a little discussion (aka bribery) we coaxed Jackson into changing in a crisp white polo shirt which was my first choice anyway!!  He looked so grown up and handsome!!  We took a TON of pictures as expected then headed off to school!  Jackson walked into the school like he owned the place and it gave me great comfort in the fact he was happy and comfortable there! He walked right in put his things away and started his morning work! There was no messing around time to get back to learning!!  Then Ryan and I noticed Jackson pulling random things out of his backpack!! Seems he had snuck a few things in there without us knowing and he was shoving them in his desk (they have desks now instead of tables) such as a ball, a cupcake magnet (dont even ask) and a bear on a keychain!  Ryan again gave me the look and I said we will just let the teacher deal with that one!! We kissed him goodbye and wished him a great day!!  I definitely shed less tears this year as opposed to last year but I will admit there were a few leaving that room! Addison was sad to leave her big brother I know she will miss him thats for sure!!! And there are lots of pictures but there were just too many good pictures to chose!!! Enjoy!!!

Growing up!

My #1 little boy!

Love him!

Yay for 1st grade!!

Holding hands!

Miss Addison climbed up there all by herself to sit with her yaya!

Addison's looking at her daddy! Such a sweet picture!

Always holding hands!

Love this one!

And this one!

Jackson giving me his Halloween face he says!

Now his silly one!

Sweet kisses to his sister!

But wait do I get to go to school too!
Love this sweet boy!!

Ready to go!

So handsome!

Love these two!

Love these boys!

My sweet boy!!
Jackson with his buddies Reagan and Brennan!

Always have to have a picture with the deer! You can tell Jackson is thrilled!


Starting his morning work!

Jackson and Mrs. Wallace!!


So the countdown was on in what seemed like the longest day of the year as I was so eager to hear how Jackson's first day was! So Addison and I got there early to avoid the craziness of 1st day carline and it turns out we were 3rd in carline (OH YES carline is back!) and Jackson's class was the first class out so there he was so happy to see us!!  He got in the car and said "I had an awesome day MOM!" Whew relief came over me!!  He said he learned so much and loved his teacher and he had music class and recess and it was just so much fun!!  I was so so happy! We spent the rest of the day talking about his homework (UGH homework is back too) but its a fun assignment.... he has to bring 5 things that talk about the things he likes most but the catch is it has to fit in a brown bag! So far we have a fish since he loves to fish, googles since he loves to swim (and a mask and snorkel wont fit Pop!) and a tennis ball since he loves tennis.  We have 1 more day to get our other two!!  Then the 3 of us went swimming and  had a blast!!!  A great 1st day!!  Now on to day 2!! And we look forward to a great year!!

Ready or not we have JUMPED back into our school routine!!! Let the 2014-2015 School year BEGIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment