Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Last day of Summer and Meet the Teacher!!

On the last day of summer I asked Jackson what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go bowling so bowling it was!!  We had a great time we bowled 2 games!! Jackson won the first game and even got a strike and I won the second game!!  Addison was happy as can be hanging out in her stroller just watching us bowl!! Then we went to lunch at chickfila in the mall and Addison's request was to go on the Carousel so we did that next!!  She rode the dolphin but kept saying "more horsie" the whole time! And she screamed when it was time to get off!! Jackson of course loved it too!!

Hoping for a strike!

Hoping for a spare!

Having so much fun!

Getting good!!

Sweet kiddos!!

Carousel ride!

Looking at the horsie next to her!

So sweet! Having so much fun!


Next was "Meet your Teacher" night!!  So we went and brought our school supplies and met Jackson's new teacher!!  She is so sweet we just love her already!! Jackson is so excited about the first day of school!!  And I'm so excited for him and this all new adventure in 1st grade!! Its going to be a great year!!  After we came home Jackson went for his last evening swim before school started!!  It kind of became a fun nightly routine to swim at night!  Jackson was having a blast and then all of a sudden Haley jumped in! Seems she wanted to join in on the fun too!!  Then it was off to bed and I made some fun treats to celebrate the first day of school! "Apple" oreos for Jackson's teacher and him on the first day!!   Jackson will be so excited I snuck one into his lunch :-)

Ready to meet his teacher!

Night swim!

A boys best friend!

Swimming with haley!

Apple oreos for the teacher!!


I guess as the saying goes all good things must come to an end and thats the way we feel about the Summer of 2014!!  It was an unforgettable summer!!  I asked Jackson what his favorite part of summer was and he said our Keys vacation definitely Mom! He wants to go back soon he said!!  Absolutely I think its safe to say we all do!!!  As I sit here the night before my sweet boy starts the 1st grade I think I am more nervous ok so I know I am more nervous than he is!!  I just can't believe he is in the 1st grade already!!  Time is flying by wish it would slow down a bit!!  So here is a 1st day of school poem I found that I will leave you with........ 

..T'was the night before school, all the children fast asleep, dreaming of their teachers and who they will meet....their clothes are all pressed...now all they must do is close their sweet eyes and now rest....SO, tomorrow, as we kiss their sweet lips and hug them so tightly, we will pray our kids use their best voices politely, hoping their days are filled with laughter cause this my dear mommy friends, is all that will matter. 


Now I must got to bed..........5:45am will be coming WAY too soon!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment